How to Configure a POP3 Account in EntourageFor information about how to configure a new POP3 account, view the following sections.
Basic E-mail Configuration
- On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
- On the Mail tab, click New.
- In the Account Setup Assistant box, type your name. This is the name that users see when they receive messages from you. Click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
- In the Your E-mail Address box, type the e-mail address that is provided by your ISP, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
- In the Mail Servers dialog box, click POP3 from the My Incoming Mail Server list.
- In the Incoming mail server box, type the server name or address for the POP3 server.
- In the Outgoing Mail box, type the Simple Mail Transport Protocol (SMTP) server address, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
For more information about either your POP3 or SMTP server name, contact your ISP or administrator.
- In the Account ID box, type the account identification that is provided by your ISP or administrator. This account identification can be the part of your e-mail address before the at (@) sign.
- In the Password box, type the password that is provided by your ISP or administrator. The Save Password option is automatically selected. If you want a to be prompted for a password when you check messages, click to clear the Save Password check box, and then click the arrow to advance to the next screen.
- In the Account Name box, type a descriptive name for the account. This is a display name, and is not an item provided by your ISP or administrator.
- Click Finish.
Additional Configuration OptionsIMPORTANT: This section contains advances options that you should use only if you are instructed to do so by your ISP.
Entourage provides many extend configuration options for the IMAP e-mail account. To access these options, and then click Accounts on the Tools menu. Click the account that you created in the "Basic E-mail Configuration" section, and then click Edit.
An extended configuration option is the Include this Account in My Send & Receive Schedule option. This option ensures that messages are delivered when you click Send & Receive.
NOTE: You can access the following items on the Account Settings tab of the Edit Account dialog box.
In the Receiving Mail dialog box, click Click here for advanced receiving options. Your ISP provides the information that you need to configure the option. Click one of the following items:
- This POP3 service requires a Secure Connection (SSL)-or-
- Override Default Port (default is port 110)-or-
- Always Use Secure Password
- SMTP service requires secure connection (SSL)-or-
- Override default SMTP port (default port is 25)-or-
- SMTP server requires authentication-or-
- Domain for unqualified addresses
Account OptionsFor more account options, click the Options tab. The following additional options are available for both message management and convenience.
- Default Signature - the signature that is applied to all messages.
- Additional Headers - inserts additional header options, for example the Reply-to option.
- Partially Receive Messages - a size of over 20 kilobyte (kb) is the default.
- Leave a copy of message on server - additional options that allow you to delete messages after a number of specified days and when you can delete locally.
- Get all messages left on server - allows you to download any messages on the server.
- Allow online access - displays the contents of a server mailbox and allows you to read messages without moving them to the local mail store.
Artikelnummer: 272328 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 29.01.2007 – Revision: 1