- You use Microsoft SQL Server 2012, Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 as a master server (MSX).
- You use SQL Server 2012 as a target server (TSX).
- You create a multiserver maintenance plan on the MSX server.
Note In this error message, "Maintenance Sub Plan Name" is a placeholder for the maintenance sub plan.
The jobs that are related to the maintenance plan are replicated. If you try to execute the job on the TSX Server, you receive an error message that resembles the following:
Note In this error message, "Maintenance Plan Package" is a placeholder for the package name of the maintenance plan.
Note The assemblies of database maintenance plan tasks are upgraded to Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 in SQL Server 2012.
Cumulative update information
Cumulative Update 2 for SQL Server 2012 SP1The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 2. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2012 SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative Update 5 for SQL Server 2012The fix for this issue was first released in Cumulative Update 5. For more information about how to obtain this cumulative update package for SQL Server 2012, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
To resolve this issue, you can also create a configuration file for SQL Server Agent on the TSX Server. To do this, follow these steps:
- Delete all existing distributed maintenance plans on the MSX Server which was not replicated to the TSX server.
- Create a file which name is SQLAGENT.EXE.CONFIG under the following folder on the SQL Server 2012 TSX server:
%Program Files%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL11.MSSQLSERVER\MSSQL\Binn
- Add the following content to the SQLAGENT.EXE.CONFIG file:
<?xml version ="1.0"?>
- Restart SQL Server Agent on the TSX server.
- Create the new multiserver maintenance plans that are targeted to the TSX server.
Artikelnummer: 2742131 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 24.01.2013 – Revision: 1