This problem occurs on client computers where Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.0+ is installed.
- No error occurs but the PDF is not opened in Acrobat Reader.
- Acrobat Reader reports an error message:There was an error opening the document. A file read error has occurred.
- The host document reports an error message that the server application cannot be found or started:The server application, source file, or item cannot be found.-or-Cannot start the source application for this object.
Steps to Reproduce Behavior
- Start WordPad.
- On the Insert menu, select Object, and then select the Create From File option. Type in the full path and file name for the PDF, and then click OK to embed the file into the WordPad document.
- Double-click the icon, and note that the PDF is not opened.
- A second attempt to open the PDF by double-clicking the icon may succeed.
NOTE: The third-party products that are discussed in this article are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, regarding the performance or reliability of these products.
Artikelnummer: 274717 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 17.06.2014 – Revision: 1