- The only data on a page is in cells that are formatted in such a way that they are blank.
Cells that are formatted to appear blank include those with white fonts, zeroes-as-blanks settings, three semicolons (see Example 1 in the "More Information" section), and so forth.
- A cell on the page contains an error, and errors have been selected to print as blank.
- There are completely blank pages ahead of any pages that contain data (including the first two conditions stated here), which print as blank.
- The worksheet contains drawing objects that are located in unexpected areas of the worksheet.
- The worksheet contains hidden columns with manual page breaks
These objects may be very small in size, formatted as white, and so forth.
- On the File menu, click Print.
Note In Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Print.
- Under Print range, select only the page or pages that you want to print.
- Start Excel and create a new workbook.
- In cell A1, type Test.
Example 1: A Cell Is Formatted as Blank
- In cell M85, type Test, and then press ENTER.
- Select cell M85.
- On the Format menu, click Cells.
Note In Excel 2007, click Format in the Cells group on the Home tab, and then click Format Cells.
- On the Number tab, under Category, click Custom.
- In the Type box, delete the selection (press the BACKSPACE key to erase the selection), and then type ;;; (three semicolons).
- Click OK.
Cell M85 is hidden.
- On the File menu, click Print Preview.
Note In Excel 2007, click the Microsoft Office Button, point to Print, and then click Print Preview.
Notice that not only does page 1 contain data, but it is followed by three blank pages. This includes the page that has the hidden cell and the intervening pages.
Example 2: Errors Are Set to Print Blank
- In cell M85, type the following formula:=1/0You receive a divide-by-zero error message.
- On the File menu, click Page Setup.
Note In Excel 2007, click the Page Setup dialog box launcher in the Page Setup group on the Page Layout tab.
- On the Sheet tab, under Print, in the Cell error as drop-down box, click <blank>.
- Click Print Preview.
Notice that not only does page 1 contain data, but it is followed by three blank pages.
Artikelnummer: 277601 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 25.10.2012 – Revision: 1