- The sector size of the Extensible Storage Engine API (ESENT) database between Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 is incompatible.
- Certain indexes in the caches become invalid after you upgrade the operating system.
- Sign in to the computer by using an administrator user.
- Apply the update that is described in this article.
- Install the most recent cumulative security update for Internet Explorer. To do this, go to the following Microsoft website: http://update.microsoft.com
Note This update was first included in the following security update:2829530 MS13-037: Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer: May 14, 2013
Note The temporary Internet files and histories of the administrator user who you used to apply these updates will be lost.
How to obtain this update
Windows UpdateThis update is available from Windows Update.
Microsoft Download CenterThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
|All supported x86-based versions of Windows 8||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows 8||Download the update package now.|
|All supported x64-based versions of Windows Server 2012||Download the update package now.|
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012.
Registry informationTo apply this update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Artikelnummer: 2805966 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 03.12.2014 – Revision: 1