When the following applications are installed, the installation of SQL Server 2014 is blocked:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 Preview
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
Other products that install SQL Server 2012 client libraries are as follows:
- Microsoft Data-Tier Application Framework (DACFx)
- Individual installations of the SQL Server Feature Pack client libraries
When Visual Studio and SSDT target a stand-alone SQL Server 2014 CTP1, these applications do not function correctly, and these scenarios are not supported. Tools that rely on SQL Server 2012 client libraries assume incorrectly that a fully compatible version of SQL Server 2012 is installed on the destination computer. When the version is not fully compatible, a basically unpredictable experience occurs, and the tools fail to function correctly when those client library assumptions discover incompatible changes.
Only use the SQL Server Management Studio that is included as part of SQL Server 2014 CTP1 for activities that target SQL Server 2014 CTP1.
Artikelnummer: 2858352 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 26.06.2013 – Revision: 1