You must correctly configure the Internet email information service to send and receive messages in Outlook. To do this, you must have the following specific information about your email account to manually configure it in Outlook. Contact your ISP if needed, or view the ISP listprovided below, to obtain the following information:
- Your full email address.
- The type of email account: POP3, IMAP or HTTP.
- Your user name.
- Your password.
- The SMTP server name or address.
- The POP3 server name or address.
- Is Secure Password Authentication (SPA) required?
- The port number that is used for SMTP. (Most ISPs use port 25.)
- Is encryption (SSL is most common) required for the port?
- The port number that is used for POP3. (Most ISPs use port 110.)
- Do you require encryption (SSL is most common) for the port?
- Does the outgoing email server (SMTP) require authentication?
- If so, do you use my normal email name and password?
Use one of the following methods to configure the Internet email information service, as appropriate for the version of Outlook that you are running.
Video: How to connect Outlook to your personal email account
Artikelnummer: 287532 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 05.08.2016 – Revision: 1