If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have Windows XP with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2) installed before you apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time tool in Control Panel.
Windows XP Professional, x86-based versions with Service Pack 1
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform||SP requirement|
Windows XP Professional, x86-based versions with Service Pack 2
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
- Use Windows Messenger to establish the Remote Assistance session. This method will often succeed because of the reverse connection method that Windows Messenger uses.For more information about using Windows Messenger for Remote Assistance, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:306556 How to obtain remote assistance using Windows Messenger
- Edit the Remote Assistance invitation file to reflect the correct port number that Remote Assistance is using:
- Create a new invitation, and then save the invitation as a file.
- Open the file by using Notepad or another text editor.
- Find the "RCTICKET=" section. Note that this section looks similar to the following section RCTICKET="65538,1,10.10.10.1:3389;user name.domain name.com:3389where 10.10.10.1 is the IP address, user name.domain name.com is the fully qualified domain name or computer name, and 3389 is the port number.
- Change the port number from 3389 to the port that Remote Desktop has been configured to use.
- Save the file.
- Send the invitation to the recipient.
Artikelnummer: 307711 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 23.10.2008 – Revision: 1