For more information about the 2007 Microsoft Office suites SP1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Downloadable list of issues that the service pack fixesA Microsoft Office Excel workbook is available that contains a list of the Access 2007 issues that are fixed by the 2007 Microsoft Office suites SP1.
Note The workbook is in the English language. The workbook will not be translated into any other languages.
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Office Servers Service Pack 1 Changes_all.xls package now.
Release Date: December 11, 2007
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that the service pack fixesThe 2007 Microsoft Office suites SP1 fixes the Access 2007 issues that are described in the following hotfix packages:
Issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base articleThis service pack also fixes the following issues that were not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
- The column operations target the subdatasheet instead of the Add New Field column in Access 2007
When you clickthe Add New Field column in the main datasheet, Access 2007 does not take focus out of its subdatasheet. Therefore, the data type of the most recently focused column in the subdatasheet is changed when you try to add a new column to the main datasheet by using the Data Type drop-down box.BUG #: 751579 (office12)
- When you import Outlook contacts into Access 2007, unexpected characters may appear in the Mail Merge Recipients dialog box
This problem occurs when the Outlook contacts contain Romanian characters.
BUG #: 793695 (office12)
- "Update existing data" e-mail messages that update a Yes field and a No field cannot be processed because they contain an English value
If you send an "update existing data" e-mail message that contains a Yes field and a No field, a system that uses non-English language settings cannot process replies to the message. This is true if the user does not manually localize the value within the Yes field or within the No field.
Additionally, the "yes" string and the "no" string are not localized when you create an HTML Data Collection form that contains a Boolean field. BUG #: 752966 (office12)BUG #: 803169 (office12)
- You receive a security prompt and error messages when you use the Label Wizard in Access 2007
When you use the Label Wizard in Access 2007, you receive a security prompt. If you click OK on the security prompt, you receive an error message. If you click Yes on the error message, you are returned to the Label Wizard. When you try to finish the wizard again, you may receive another error message.BUG #: 758892 (office12)
- Error message when you execute a query that contains parameters in Access 2007: "Syntax error in Parameter clause"
In Access 2007, you receive the following error message when you try to execute a query that contains parameters:Syntax error in Parameter clauseBUG #: 783753 (office12)
- Access 2007 does not return more than 2,000 records from a User Information table that is linked from SharePoint
Access 2007 returns only the first page of records from a User Information table. The first page of records contains no more than 2,000 records.
Note This issue also occurs in Microsoft Office Access 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2). BUG #: 786122 (office12)
- The page controls for the transparent tab are not transparent in Access 2007
In Access 2007, the page controls for the transparent tab are not transparent. This issue occurs on any Microsoft operating system, such as Windows Vista or Windows XP, that has themes turned on and that has themes enabled by default.BUG #: 786799 (office12)
- Access 2007 takes several minutes to repair itself
You install Access 2007 and Access 2003 on the same computer. When you run Access 2007 after you run Access 2003, Access 2007 takes several minutes to repair itself. BUG #: 792479 (office12)
- You can still update the AutoNumber field data after you run an update query that sets an AutoNumber field to Null
After you run an update query that sets an AutoNumber field to Null in Access 2007, and then you compact the database, you can still update the AutoNumber field data. However, the ability to update AutoNumber fields should be removed. This issue may result in a loss of data. After you compact the database, the MSysCompactError table is created. BUG #: 792599 (office12)
- When you open a form that is bound to a SharePoint table in a read-only database in Access 2007, you can add data to the form
When you open a form that is bound to a Microsoft Office SharePoint table, you can add data to the form. However, when the form is closed, the data is lost. This behavior does not let you add data to a form in a read-only database in Access 2007. The form is bound to a SharePoint table. BUG #: 792843 (office12)
- Access 2007 cannot recognize a custom shortcut menu bar in a form
When you open a custom shortcut menu bar in a form in Access 2007, the shortcut menu is missing. Additionally, you may receive an error message that states that the shortcut menu does not exist when you open the database again. BUG #: 793114 (office12)
- On a Windows Vista-based computer, fields that are bound to time-intensive expressions are blank in Access 2007
Fields that are bound to time-intensive expressions are blank in Access 2007. These fields are empty until you click the text box or until you click anything outside of Access 2007 if the following conditions are true:
- The Control Source property of a text box uses the DLookup() function.
- The query that is called by the DLookup() function references a control on a form.
- When you paste some text fields from Excel to Access 2007, the text fields are detected as memo fields
Text fields are detected as memo fields when you paste some text fields from Microsoft Office Excel to Access 2007. When Access 2007 detects columns that have fewer than 255 characters, "fields of type" text is created. BUG #: 795450 (office12)
- An error occurs when you select a date by using the Date picker control and when the Bulgarian regional setting is enabled
This issue also occurs in any language version of Access 2007 that has the Bulgarian regional setting enabled.BUG #: 795788 (office12)
- A selected item does not become visible when you programmatically select the item in a list on a form in Access 2007
When you programmatically select an item in a list on a form, the selected item does not become visible if it was not visible before you selected it in Access 2007. BUG #: 797046 (office12)
- In Access 2007, the click event for an image control does not work when the image control is inside a tab control
In Access 2007, the click event for an image control does not work when the image control is inside a tab control. BUG #: 799103 (office12)
- You cannot use the OpenRecordset function to open some DAO database objects through Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) connections in Access 2007BUG #: 799429 (office12)
- The behavior of the StopAllMacros macro action is swapped with the behavior of the StopMacro macro action in Access 2007BUG #: 799979 (office12)
- The DoCmd.SelectObject method does not return an error if the object does not exist
You create a macro that uses the DoCmd.SelectObject method to select an object in the database by name. If you specify the name of an object that does not exist in the database, you do not receive an error message. Additionally, nothing happens. BUG #: 799984 (office12)
- Access 2007 takes more time to import large .csv files than Access 2003 does
When you try to import a large .CSV file, such as a file that is larger than 30 megabytes (MB),, Access 2007 appears to stop responding at the import dialog box. After several moments, you may receive the following error message:When you click OK to close the error message, you can usually finish the import process. All records are imported successfully.BUG #: 800000 (office12)
File sharing lock count exceeded. Increase MaxLocksPerFile registry Entry
- When Access 2007 imports numeric data from Excel as the long integer data type, some numbers may be wrong
When you import data from an Excel spread sheet into Access 2007 by using the long integer data type, the number 1 is incorrectly added to some numbers.BUG #: 800452 (office12)
- In Access 2007, the modified date for all objects, except tables and queries, is never updated
In Access2007, the modified date that is displayed in the Navigation Pane for all objects, except tables and queries, is never updated.BUG #: 800549 (office12)
- You cannot convert an .accdb file to Access 2002-2003 format by using a linked .csv file
When you try to convert an .accdb file to an .mdb file, nothing happens. You do not receive an error message.
BUG #: 800955 (office12)
- Error message when you change the Enabled property of a check box by running a macro that uses the SetValue action in Access 2007: "Access failed to evaluate one or more expressions"
When you change the Enabled property of a check box on a form by running a macro that uses the SetValue action, you may receive the following message when the sandbox is enabled:BUG #: 800975 (office12)
Access failed to evaluate one or more expressions because 'Enabled' was referenced in an expression. Only functions and properties that are considered to be safe are allowed in expressions when Access runs in sandbox mode.
For more information on sandbox mode, search for "Sandbox mode" in Access Help.
- The floating User interface for attachments and for text formatting is not displayed correctly in runtime mode in Access 2007
When you open a database in runtime mode, the floating UI for attachment controls and for formatting in rich-text enabled fields is not displayed correctly.
BUG #: 800997 (office12)
- When you update referenced cells in Excel data through the ISAM by using code, the wrong cell may be changed
When you update referenced cells, you update the literal cell address instead of the referenced cell. This issue occurs when you update Excel data through the ISAM programmatically. BUG #: 801173 (office12)
- When multiple items are selected in the Navigation Pane, the wrong objects are deleted in Access 2007 if you use the shortcut menu to delete the objects
When you try to delete multiple objects by using the delete option on the shortcut menu, database objects that were not selected may be incorrectly deleted.
BUG #: 802312 (office12)
- The Access 2007 list selection works differently from earlier versions of Access
You cannot use code that uses the index of the item in a list to set the selection.
BUG #: 803010 (office12)
- Records in sub-forms cannot be deleted in Access 2007
When you try to delete a record in a sub-form that is embedded in a main form, the row is longer displayed. However, the record is actually not deleted. If you press F9 after you delete a row in the sub-form, you receive the following error message:BUG #: 803421 (office12)
Operation not supported in transactions
- Error message when you run a union query that has more than one union on tables with complex data: "The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object"
When you add an attachment field to a table, you may receive the following error message:This issue occurs when the field has a union query that has more than one union on tables with complex data.BUG #: 803438 (office12)
The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object.
Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly.
- When you set the data type of a new field to a non-text type, such as Attachment, in the Datasheet view, Access 2007 may stop respondingBUG #: 803451 (office12)
- When you return to the property sheet after you change the RecordSource property, Access 2007 may stop responding
This issue may occur after you click Builder in the property sheet in order to open the QBE. BUG #: 807758 (office12)
Error signature detailsWhen you use an Access 2007 program, you may receive an error message that resembles the following:
Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. To see what data this error report contains, click here.
|Application name||Application version||Module Name||Module Version||Offset|
Artikelnummer: 942378 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 12.12.2007 – Revision: 1