- This update adds support for streaming MP4 files through Windows Media Connect. This enables your home server to stream to your Xbox 360 console and other devices that support the MP4 format.
- This update automatically updates the music, photos, videos, and recorded TV libraries in Windows Media Center to include the Music, Photos, Videos, and Recorded TV shared folders on your home server.
- This update enables Media Center Extenders that are connected to a computer that is running Windows Media Center to access content on your home server without using the guest account.
- This update includes a Web-hosted diagnostic service that can be used to more accurately test remote connectivity outside the home network.
- This update prevents you from unintentionally overwriting newer versions of the Windows Home Server Connector files. This could potentially occur when you restore files and folders from a Windows Home Server backup to a software shared folder on your home server.
- This update makes it easier to copy large files or folders from a home computer that is running Windows Vista to a shared folder on your home server. With this update, the file size is limited to the free space on the target hard disk drives that are connected to your home server.
How to obtain this update
Windows Home Server Power Pack 2 is now available through Windows Update. The update will be automatically downloaded to your Windows Home Server computer through Windows Update if the Automatic Updates feature is enabled on your home server. Or, you can click Update Now on the Settings tab of the Windows Home Server Console.
How to obtain the release documentation for Windows Home Server Power Pack 2The release documentation for Windows Home Server Power Pack 2 contains new information to help you set up and run Windows Home Server Power Pack 2.
To obtain the English version of the release documentation, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must have Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 installed. If you have a beta version or a release candidate version of Windows Home Server Power Pack 2 installed, you must uninstall these preliminary versions before you install this final version of Windows Home Server Power Pack 2.
Restart requirement You must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update replaces the updates that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
Artikelnummer: 956587 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 24.03.2009 – Revision: 1