I would like to apply online for a large company. Now, I have heard that many hiring managers in the Internet search for personal information. How do I know what information about me on the Web are stored?
My image on the Internet - you should know that
Anyone who uses the Internet daily, leaving countless traces - not only on your own hard disk, but also in cyberspace on the countless Web servers that controls the user with its browser.
Many users make out voluntarily a personal online business card, by maintaining an own Internet blog, for example, or operate a private homepage. This information is of course open and can be quickly via search engines like Bing
to retrieve. Further personal data are also available on the Web for free, without any of the respective user is always aware.
More than 20 million users, is involved in social networks like Facebook, where they publish mostly using her full name, messages and photos Germany wide. These entries can be from other quickly on the Web are up - even if the seeker isn't logged on to the network.
There are also numerous hidden entries, for example, discussion forum posts, which he published himself in the Web years ago, long ago but has again forgotten for almost every Internet user. Last but not least also reviews, reports and photos from third parties which have been published without the consent and knowledge are circulating on the Web.
If you make about your image in the Web of thoughts, because you want to apply, for example, online and assume that researched the human resources Department of the company on the Web, you should check before even what information can be found and, or, where appropriate, delete unfavorable entries can be about yourself.Personal data with Bing determine - simple search
First of all, you should determine what Web entries are to be found under your name. Front, it was said, however, that the number of hits depends on the search engine, the search strategy and course of your name. If you look, for example, for "Thomas Müller", you will receive a long list of hits - last but not least, because a prominent football player bears this name, to which there are very many Web references. Your name, however, is unique or rare, the number of hits is lower and the validity of much better.
1. Open Bing at the Web address www.bing.de
2. Your full name enter in the search box, for example, Max Mustermann. First, you use any restrictive parameters.
3. Then press the [Enter]
-Key, or click the button for Search
4. Now, view the hit list. It is sorted by relevance. In other words, the most important results and the most popular pages with the search term are above. In the top right area you will find the total number of hits. If this number with less than 10 is too small or too big with more than 2000, you should modify the search parameters parameters.
5. To increase the number of hits, enter only the last name as a search term. May you receive but also a large number of irrelevant hits, which complicates the orientation.
6. In order to narrow the search, however, usefully, it enough first to put first and last name in quotation marks. About "Max Mustermann". This only Web pages found, the first and last name together in the text appear where and both terms might not be present in different paragraphs. Advantage: The relevance of the results is very high. Disadvantage: May other sites from the list fall, if, for example, the first name has been abbreviated, misspelled or not called.Use advanced search
The number of hits is still very high, you can filter the results based on the already existing list according to other criteria.
1. Click on the entry at the top Extended
2. In the following field, add one or more terms that probably occur on the Web pages you want to find. For example, you call your city or your sports club.
3. Then click the arrow next to All of these terms
, to open the selection box. By you the default All of these terms
keep, only Web pages are listed, which contain all terms. If you are instead for One of these terms
choose to get all hits to websites which also only one of these terms emerge in addition to your name. And over None of these terms
to determine that only Web pages are listed, in which these keywords do not occur. This is useful if your name, for example, purely by chance many sports scores of a certain association lists, because one of your namesake is very active.
4. Click then click Add the search
5. Below All results
You will now receive the new, shortened hit list.