This article describes the support options that are available for Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Project, Visio) usage issues for Office 365 subscribers.
Office 365 technical support
Office 365 includes technical support. However, Office 365 subscription support only includes the installation and activation issues of Office 365 ProPlus.
If you need help troubleshooting an Office application (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, OneNote, Project, Visio) usage issue, that support isn't included within the Office 365 subscription. Some examples of Office application usage issues:
- Header or Footer issues in Microsoft Word
- Can't add images inside a PowerPoint presentation
- Questions about how to use a pivot table in Excel
- A hang or crash when you use a specific individual file such as an Excel spreadsheet, Word document, or PowerPoint presentation
- OneNote crashes when you open a specific notebook
Office application technical support
To get support for Office application usage issue that aren't covered by Office 365 subscription support, the following support options are available.
Office help on Support.office.com
You can search for the issue that you're facing on the Office Help and Training page
. Not only can you search for issues based on the application name as shown in the following example, but you can also search for popular topics and topics by category.
No-cost technical support
Use the forums to get help from the community at no cost. Because the forums are monitored and maintained by the general community, the time that's required to get a response to your question is unknown. If timeliness of response to your questions isn't critical, posting to a forum is a good approach.
- TechNet Forums
- Microsoft Community Answers Forums
- If you're a developer and the question needs developer support, view the MSDN support options.
Paid technical support
Talk directly to a support agent. This option is good if you or your company needs a fast response or if you're blocked from making progress. There is a cost associated with this option. For more information, see the following Microsoft website: Professional Support Options
To create a support request over the web, follow these steps:
- Go to the following Microsoft website: Support for business.
- Select the appropriate product. For example, click Office 2016 suites.
- In the list of products, select the version that applies to you.
- In the Support for business list, select the statement that match to your situation, and then click Next.
- In the Create an incident list, under Problem Type, select the correct product (for example, Word or Excel).
- In the Category list, select the scenario according to your situation.
- Click Start request.
- Select a payment method and then click Continue.
- Complete the web form to open a support case.
Get help from Premier Support for Office
If you want more personalized assistance, you can use Premier Support
for Office. For more information, see the following Microsoft website: Services
Feedback and Suggestions
If you have any feedback on products and services, please share your suggestions using one of these UserVoice forums:
Note Microsoft periodically reviews items based on impact, nature of the problem and UserVoice is a great way to share suggestions and ideas on the products and services.