How to enable the Memory Diagnostic test for 2007 Office products on a Windows Server-based computer
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
256986 Description of the Microsoft Windows registry
By default, the Memory Diagnostic test that is included with Office Diagnostics for 2007 Microsoft Office products is disabled on computers that are running Microsoft Windows Server. This step-by-step article describes how to enable the Memory Diagnostic test.
When you run Office Diagnostics for 2007 Office products on a Windows Server-based computer, Memory Diagnostic is disabled. This is because Memory Diagnostic can consume lots of memory. Therefore, it may not be appropriate to run Memory Diagnostic in some server environments.
To have us enable or disable Memory Diagnostic for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you prefer to enable or disable Memory Diagnostic yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix it button or link. In the File Download dialog box, click Run, and then follow the steps in the Fix it Wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Then, go to the "Did this fix the problem?" section.
Let me fix it myselfIf you want to test memory on the Windows Server-based computer, you can change the registry to enable Memory Diagnostic. To do this, follow these steps.
Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
- Log on to the Windows Server-based computer by using administrator credentials.
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit in the Open box, and then click OK.
- Expand the following subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\Common\OffDiag
- Click OffDiag, and then locate the DoNotTestMemory entry in the right pane.
- Right-click DoNotTestMemory, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, delete 1, type 0 (zero), and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
Did this fix the problem?
- Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
- We would appreciate your feedback. To provide feedback or to report any issues with this solution, please leave a comment on the "Fix it for me" blog or send us an email message.
OFF2007 Office2007 Office 2007 ACC2007 XL2007 InfoPath2007 OneNote2007 OL2007 PPT2007 PRJ2007 PUB2007 SPD2007 VSO2007 WD2007 fixit fix it
Artikelnummer: 924284 – Letzte Überarbeitung: 10/07/2012 03:53:00 – Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Office Basic 2007, Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007, Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007, Microsoft Office Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007, Microsoft Office Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007, Microsoft Office Access 2007, Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007, Microsoft Office OneNote 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2007, Microsoft Office Project Standard 2007, Microsoft Office Publisher 2007
- kbinfo kbexpertiseinter kbhowto kbmsifixme kbfixme KB924284