- Outlook stops responding (hangs).
- Outlook crashes even though you aren't actively using it.
- Outlook crashes when you start it.
Step 1: Investigate possible issues with add-ins
- Exit Outlook.
- Open a Run dialog box. To do this, use one of the following procedures, as appropriate to your version of Windows:
- If you're running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, or Windows 8, press the Windows key + R.
- If you're running Windows 7, click Start, type Run in the search box, and then click Run.
- Type Outlook /safe, and then click OK.
- If the issue is fixed, on the File menu, click Options, and then click Add-Ins.
- Select COM Add-ins, and then click Go.
- Click to clear all the check boxes in the list, and then click OK.
- Restart Outlook. If the issue doesn't occur, start adding the add-ins one at a time until the issue occurs.
Step 2: Run Outlook Diagnostics
- Open Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program.
- In the list of installed programs, right-click the entry for your Office installation, and then click Repair.
Step 3: Create a new Outlook profile
- Open Control Panel, and then click Mail.
- Click Show Profiles.
- Select the profile that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Important Removing the profile will also remove associated data files. If you're not sure whether the data files are backed up or stored on a server, do not remove the profile.
- Click Add.
- In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile.
- Specify the user name, the primary SMTP address, and the password. Then, click Next.
- You may receive the following message: In this message, click to select the Don't ask me about this website again check box, and then click Allow.
- When you're prompted, enter your logon credentials, and then click OK.
- When set up is finished, click Finish.
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2413813 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 19 Δεκ 2016 - Αναθεώρηση: 1