Warning If you use the raw mode of the Exchange Server Administrator program (admin /r) incorrectly, serious problems may occur that may require you to reinstall Microsoft Windows NT Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, or both. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems that result from using raw mode incorrectly can be solved. Use raw mode at your own risk.
- Start the Exchange Server Administrator program in raw mode by typing "drive:\exchsrvr\bin\admin.exe /r" (without the quotation marks), and then press ENTER. In this command, drive is the drive on which Exchange Server is installed. For example, type "c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin.exe /r" (without the quotation marks).
- In the Exchange Server Administrator program, click View on the main menu.
- On the View menu, click Raw Directory.
- In the right pane, double-click Schema.
- Double-click the attribute that you want to modify.
- In the Access-Category box, change the value to 2. This value denotes user access.
Note The Access Category property of an attribute determines the rights that a user must have to be able to modify the attribute. The Access Category property value definitions are as follows:
- 0: Only the system can modify the attribute.
- 1: Users who have the Modify Admin Attributes permission can modify the attribute.
- 2: Users who have the Modify User Attributes permission can modify the attribute.
- 3: Users who have Modify Permissions rights can modify the attribute.
- Click Set.
- Click OK. When the warning message appears, click OK again.
- Click Start, point to
Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Users and Computers.
- Right-click the Domain container, and then click
- Click Add, click the special account
Self, click OK, and then click
- Click to select the Create a custom task to delegate check box, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Only the following objects in the folder check box, click User objects in the list, and then click Next.
- Click to select the Property-specificcheck box, set each attribute that you want your users to modify, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
Users can now use Galmod32 or the Windows Search applet to update their information in Active Directory.
- Business Phone Number
- Home Phone Number
- Mobile Phone Number
- Zip Code
To install GAL Modify, use one of the following methods:
- Run the Exchange 2000 Resource Kit Setup.exe file which installs GAL Modify in the Program Files\Exchange Server 2000 Resource Kit\Tools\Client\Galmod32 folder.
- Start the Exchange 2000 Resource Kit CD-ROM, browse to Exreskit\Tools\Client\GALMod32, and then copy Galmod32.exe to a folder on your local hard disk.
- From the Exchange\operating system\platform\Client\GalMod folder on the Microsoft Back Office Resource Kit, Second Edition CD, copy the Galmod32.exe file to your computer, to a user's computer, to a public folder, or to a network share. Any computer that can run the 32-bit Microsoft Exchange Server client or Microsoft Outlook client can run the Galmod32.exe program.
- Run Galmod32.exe to start GAL Modify.
- Click the profile name that you want to use, and then click
- Click the entry that you want to modify.
- Click OK to save your changes.
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 272198 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 25 Οκτ 2007 - Αναθεώρηση: 1