In some scenarios you need to download and create Windows 8 installation media on a DVD or a USB drive to repair a Windows 8 PC. You are unable to burn the Windows 8 installation media from a Windows XP PC.
- Restoring is a way to undo recent system changes to your PC.
- Refreshing will reinstall Windows and keep your personal files, settings, and apps that you installed from the Store.
- Resetting will reinstall Windows but deletes your files, settings, and apps - except apps that came with your PC.
If you're unable to restore, refresh, or reset your PC, follow one of these methods to obtain backup media or burn the Windows 8 ISO file to a DVD or USB Drive:
Method 1: Obtain backup media:
- Option 1: If you purchased Windows 8 online from Windows but did not select the option to include a Windows 8 backup DVD, you may use the Windows Order Summary page to purchase backup media and have it shipped to you. You will need your order number and email address to log in.
- Option 2: If you did not purchase Windows 8 from the Microsoft Store, contact the retailer where you originally purchased Windows 8 to find out the options for obtaining backup media.
Method 2: Burn the Windows 8 ISO file to DVD or USB drive using an alternative PC
- You cannot download and burn the ISO file from a 64 bit version of Windows 7 and then use that file to install Windows 8 on a 32 bit PC. You can download and burn the ISO file from a 32 bit version of Windows and then use that file to install Windows 8 on a 32 bit or 64 bit computer; however, if you install it on a 64 bit computer, Windows will still be 32 bit.
- The alternate PC must be using the same language version of Windows as the PC you are going to upgrade.
- The alternate PC must also meet all other system requirementsfor installing Windows 8.
If you have access to a Windows Vista, or Windows 7 PC, you can download and burn the Windows 8 ISO file to a DVD or USB drive to create the Windows 8 Installation Media; and then use that installation media to install or repair Windows 8.
To do this, go to the Windows 8 downloadpage PC, make sure you're connected to the internet and double-click that link to download and start setup; select Install Windows 8 and then follow the instructions to burn to the DVD or USB drive.
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2780338 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 24 Ιαν 2013 - Αναθεώρηση: 1