Issues that this update fixesThis update package resolves the following issues:
- Improves reliability of USB 3.0 device initialization.
- Resolves an issue in which the On-Screen Keyboard displays incorrectly when you use a RemoteApp app.
- Resolves an issue that could cause errors when you manage a Group Policy Object (GPO) that has software installation settings.
- Improves Wi-Fi reliability when Windows 8 devices resume from hybrid sleep.
- Provides consistent rendering of bold text for some Windows 8 apps when compared to earlier versions of Windows.
- Resolves an issue in which memory dumps are not created for MPIO boot environments.
2785146 Data is corrupted when there is insufficient memory on a Windows-based computer
2789397 Data corruption and network issues when you run a WFP-based application on a computer that is running Windows
2792867 Virtual switch extension cannot send packets over different network adapters in Windows Server 2012
2793908 Memory leak occurs in the Wmimgmt.exe process on a computer that is running Windows Server 2012
2796620 Application that uses the DirectComposition API does not work correctly in Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012
2798040 You cannot stop a process by using the Taskkill.exe utility in Windows
2800086 Windows Store apps can't connect to the Internet over PPPoE in Windows 8
2800185 Windows Error Reporting reports a crash when you shut down a computer that is running Windows RT, Windows 8, or Windows Server 2012
2809153 Sound is not playing from the paired Bluetooth audio device after you reconnect the device to a Windows 8-based or Windows RT-based computer
How to obtain the updateThis update is available from Windows Update.
- This update is provided as an important update.
- If you select the Install updates automatically (recommended) Windows Update setting, this update is installed automatically.
- If you select other Windows Update settings, we highly recommend that you install this update through Windows Update immediately.
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, you must be running Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
If you are installing the stand-alone packages from the Microsoft Download Center on a Windows Server 2012-based computer, you must have the Media Foundation feature enabled. Otherwise, you cannot install the KB 2823233 package, and you will receive a "The update is not applicable to your computer" message. The Media Foundation feature is automatically added if the Desktop Experience feature is installed.
Restart informationYou must restart the computer after you apply this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace any previously released update.
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2811660 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 31 Μαΐ 2013 - Αναθεώρηση: 1