Improvements that this update containsThis update contains the following improvements for the Word 2013 PDF Reflow feature:
- This update increases the speed of document layout analysis on computers that use modern, multi-core CPUs. Therefore, the time that is required to convert PDF files to Word documents is reduced.
Grouping of graphical elements improvements
- This update improves the grouping of graphical elements.
- This update adds better differentiation between groups of graphical elements and the text that surrounds the graphical elements in the main document flow.
- This update adds a function to Word 2013 that handles documents that contain table borders and that were created by the PDF producer. This function is used only in certain situations.
- This update adds support for tables that do not have outer borders and tables that have only corner cells. These tables are common in business and financial documents.
Note Tables that have only corner cells are common for TOTAL cells.
Object positioning improvement
- This update improves the visual fidelity of converted documents by using better accuracy positioning for objects that are detected and reconstructed.
Line and paragraph spacing improvement
- This update improves the visual fidelity of converted documents by adding a new algorithm that includes various font properties.
Table of contents detection improvement
- This update improves the process by which table of contents (TOC) and headings in the main document flow are matched together.
BUG #: 3378491 (Office15)
Update detailsThis update does not replace any previously released update.
How to obtain and install the updateNote This update applies to Office 2013 MSI installations only. This update does not apply to Click-to-Run installations.
To identify the installation version of Office 2013, follow these steps:
- Start an Office 2013 application, such as Microsoft Word 2013.
- On the File menu, click Account.
- If Office 2013 was installed by using Click-to-Run, an "Update Options" item is displayed. For an MSI installation, the "Update Options" item is not displayed.
Note The update for Office Home and Student 2013 RT is available only from Windows Update.
32-bitDownload the 32-bit update package now.
Download the 64-bit update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
The Office System TechCenter contains the latest administrative updates and strategic deployment resources for all versions of Office. For more information about the Office System TechCenter, go to the following Microsoft website:
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 2817308 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 26 Σεπ 2013 - Αναθεώρηση: 1