If you do not plan to install the WSUS 3.0 SP1 Full server installation that includes the Administration Console or if you plan to install WSUS 3.0 SP1 Administration Console only, do not apply this update. If the WSUS 3.0 SP1 Full server installation that includes the Administration Console is installed on the computer, this update lets you use Server Manager to manage WSUS.
Update informationThe following files are available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Windows Server 2008, 32-bit editions
Download the update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager (KB940518) package now.
Windows Server 2008, 64-bit editions
Download the update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager x64 Edition (KB940518) package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to determine whether the service pack is installedLook for Update for Windows (KB940518) in the View installed updates item or in the Programs and Features item in Control Panel. If Update for Windows (KB940518) does not appear, the update is not installed.
Installation instructionsTo avoid restarting the computer, verify that the Initial Configuration Tasks, Server Manager, and the Servermanagercmd.exe process are not running during the installation process. You must also log on to the computer as an administrator to install this update.
- On a computer that is running Windows Server 2008, download the update package from the Microsoft Web site that is listed in the "Update information" section.
- Double-click the download package to start the Setup wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
- Use one of the following methods to open Server Manager:
- Click Start, right-click Computer, and then click Manage.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Server Manager.
- Click the Quick Launch bar, and then click Server Manager.
- On the Server Manager home page, click Add Roles in the Roles Summary section.
- On the Select Roles page of the Add Roles Wizard, click to select Windows Server Update Services from the list of available roles.
- Follow the instructions in the Add Roles Wizard to complete installation.
Removal informationTo uninstall Server Manager, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
- Under Programs and Features, click View installed updates.
- In the list of updates to install under the Microsoft Windows group, double-click Update for Windows (KB940518), and then follow the instructions to remove the update for Server Manager.
Known issuesIf you install this update and WSUS 3.0 SP1 Admin Console only, you cannot install any other roles using Server Manager Add Role Wizard
To work around this issue, remove the Update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager (KB940518).
Server Manager incorrectly reports an installation failure
Server Manager reports an installation failure in the following scenarios:
- You have used Server Manager to install WSUS 3.0 SP1, and you must restart the computer to finish the installation.
- You have restarted the computer after you installed WSUS 3.0 SP1. In this scenario, Server Manager incorrectly reports that the installation has failed and that it has generated the following error message: The update was found but could not be downloaded.
On a computer that is running Windows Web Server 2008 with Update for Windows Server 2008 Server Manager (KB940518) installed, the server roles and role services listed below appear in addition to Windows Server Update Services. However, installation of these server roles is not supported on Windows Web Server 2008 and only the Web Server role should be installed.
- Application Server
- Application Server Foundation
- Web Server (IIS) Support
- COM+ Network Access
- TCP Port Sharing
- Windows Process Activation Service Support
- HTTP Activation
- Message Queuing Activation
- TCP Activation
- Named Pipes Activation
- Distributed Transactions
- Incoming Remote Transactions
- Outgoing Remote Transactions
- WS-Atomic Transactions
- File Services
- Distributed File System
- DFS Replication
- File Services
- File Server Resource Manager
- Windows Server 2003 File Services
- Indexing Service
System requirementsYou must be running a release version of Windows Server 2008 that has an installation option other than Server Core.
Restart requirementsTo avoid restarting the computer, make sure that the Initial Configuration Tasks, Server Manager, and the Servermanagercmd.exe process are not running during the installation process.
Language featuresThis installation package is designed for all language versions of Windows Server 2008. These include English versions, localized versions, and language interface packs.
The installation package for the update for Server Manager automatically installs the update for the Server Manager language pack that matches the locale that is selected for the operating system.
The Server Manager update is fully localized in all the languages that are supported by Windows Server 2008. These languages are as follows:
Αναγνωριστικό άρθρου: 940518 - Τελευταία αναθεώρηση: 11 Σεπ 2011 - Αναθεώρηση: 1