- Windows Aero, Windows Flip 3D navigation, Scheduled and Network Backup, Windows Meeting Space, and Tablet Technology are available in Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, and Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption and Complete PC Backup and Restore are available in Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Not all Windows Vista features will be available for use on all Windows Vista Capable PCs. All Windows Vista Capable PCs upgraded to Windows Vista will be able to run the core experiences of Windows Vista, such as innovations in organizing and finding information, security, and reliability. Some features—such as the new Windows Aero user interface—available in certain editions of Windows Vista require advanced or additional hardware.
- Domain Join, Group Policy support, Windows Fax and Scan, Encrypting File System (EFS), Shadow Copy, Corporate Roaming, Offline Files and Folders, and Remote Desktop are available in Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Initiating e-mail from within Windows Photo Gallery will launch a photo e-mail if Windows Live Mail is your default mail application. If Windows Live Mail is not your default mail application, initiating e-mail from within Photo Gallery will enable the resizing and attachment of photos as e-mail attachments using your default mail client.
- Premium Windows Vista games, such as Chess Titans, Mahjong Titans, Purble Place, and Inkball, are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate.
- For a video conversation with Windows Live Messenger, you and your contact will need web cameras and speakers or a headset and broadband Internet access.
- Internet service provider subscription or other service fees may apply. For mobile Internet services, check your wireless provider’s service plan for coverage areas and fees.
- Editions of Windows Vista designated as 'N' or 'KN' versions include the same functionality as the corresponding standard Windows Vista editions, except that they do not include Windows Media Player and related technologies such as Windows Movie Maker. You will need to separately install a media player in order to play or create audio CDs, media files, or personal videos; organize media library content; create playlists; transfer media to portable media players; share photos on a home network; or perform other media player-related tasks.
- The ability to use the Multilingual User Interface feature to deploy a single worldwide image with all Windows user interface languages is available only in the Enterprise and Ultimate editions. See TechNet for details.
- Windows Media Center is available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate. TV playback and recording features require an integrated or external USB TV tuner. Supports up to two TV tuners in all supported regions subject to Windows Vista compatibility with local TV standards; additional DTV/HDTV tuner support is available in the U.S. and South Korea with compatible hardware. To enjoy all the benefits of Windows Media Center, Internet access is recommended; for some features, such as the Microsoft Electronic Programming Guide, it is required. Internet service provider subscription or other service fees may apply. Microsoft Electronic Programming Guide is not available in all regions or countries. DVD burning, TV features, and remote control support may vary by manufacturer and/or require additional purchases. Support for the Media Center Extender or Xbox 360 will require a wired or wireless home network and additional compatible networking equipment. Please respect copyrights.
- Additional compatible networking equipment may be required to set up or access a wired or wireless home network.
- To place a PC-to-PC call, both users must have Messenger installed, a compatible microphone and speakers or a headset, and Internet access (webcam and broadband required for video). Computer-to-phone calling can be used for placing outgoing calls only. Recipients may be charged a fee by their mobile provider to receive calls. The ability to call phones is a pay service provided by a third party. If this is your first call from Windows Live Messenger, click the Learn More button first and complete the signup process.
- Scheduled and Network Backup is available in Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, and Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Windows SideShow is available in Windows Vista Home Premium, Windows Vista Business, Windows Vista Enterprise, and Windows Vista Ultimate.
- Windows DVD Maker, HD support for Windows Movie Maker, Chess Titans, and Mahjong Titans are available in Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate.
Article ID: 11000 - Last Review: Sep 9, 2016 - Revision: 7