This article describes how to change your user photo that's displayed in Exchange Online in Office 365, Lync 2013, and Lync Web App.
To update your user photo in Exchange Online, Lync 2013, and Lync Web App, follow these steps:
- Sign in to Office 365 portal (http://portal.office.com) or Outlook on the web (http://outlook.office.com).
- Click your user photo (or its placeholder) on the right side of your name.
- In the My accounts window, click your user photo or placeholder again.
- In the new Account Information window, click Browse to select and upload your photo.
- Click Save to set your user photo.
In Office 365, user photos are stored in the following locations:
- A low-resolution photo (less than 100 KB) is stored in the user’s ThumbnailPhoto attribute in Active Directory. This is the photo that's synchronized to Office 365 in a hybrid environment. Low-resolution photos are used by Lync 2010.
- A high-resolution photo is stored in the root directory of the user’s Exchange Online mailbox. High-resolution photos are displayed in Exchange Online, Lync 2013, and Lync Web App.