In Microsoft Outlook, a delegate receives multiple or duplicate meeting requests in their Inbox.
This issue occurs when there are multiple hidden delegate rules in the Manager's mailbox, or when there's a corrupted delegate rule.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Close the Manager's and Delegate's Outlook clients.
- Download and start Microsoft Foundation Classes MAPI (MFCMAPI) on a computer that has Outlook installed. To do this, go to http://mfcmapi.codeplex.com.
- Go to Quick Start, and then select Inbox Rules. If you're prompted, select the manager profile.
- Find the rule whose PR_RULE_PROVIDER option is set to SCHEDULE+ EMS Interface, and then delete it.
- Start Outlook by using the Manager profile: File<-Account Settings<-Delegate Access. Then, remove the delegate.
- Restart Outlook.
- Add the delegate to the Manager profile.
Article ID: 3201352 - Last Review: Nov 8, 2016 - Revision: 1