When you start Business Portal in Microsoft Dynamics GP or Business Portal in Microsoft Dynamics SL, you may receive the following error message:
Server Error in '/BusinessPortal' Application. The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password
To resolve this problem, use one of the following resolutions.
Resolution 1Use the DBAuthenticationUtility.exe utility to verify that the server name in the utility matches the name of the server that is running Microsoft SQL Server. The default location of the DBAuthenticationUtility.exe utility is the following path:
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\bin DBAuthenticationUtility.exeTo determine the name of the server that is running SQL Server, run the following statement in SQL Query Analyzer.
- On the computer that is running Business Portal, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Component Services.
- Expand Component Services, expand Computers, expand My Computer, and then expand Com+ Applications.
- Right-click Microsoft.BusinessFramework.Identity, and then click Properties.
- In the User box on the Identity tab, changethe user account toa user account in the local administrator group.
- In the Password box and in the Confirm Password box, type the password for the user account that you specified in step 4, and then click OK.