- You have configured load balancing for Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 front end servers (WFE) using Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) or another third-party load balancer.
- A SharePoint Server 2013 Team site is created, and the Minimal Download Strategy (MDS) feature is enabled.
- Users browse to the SharePoint team site, and they try to change a list view.
Please try again.
- Log on to the TMG server.
- Click Start, select All Programs, select Microsoft Forefront TMG, and then click Forefront TMG Management.
- Expand the Forefront TMG (Server name), click Web Access Policy and select the existing web access policy rule. If no rule exists, create a new web access policy rule.
- On the Task Pane (right side of the window), find Configure HTTP Compression, and then click it.
- On the General tab, select the Enable HTTP compression option.
- On the Return Compressed Data tab, in the "Compress HTTP responses when requested by clients from these network elements" section, add Anywhere unless you have any specific filters.
- On the Request Compressed Data tab, in the "Request compressed HTTP content when sending requests to these network elements" section, add Anywhere unless you have any specific filters.
- Click OK.
- Contact the third-party load balancer hardware or software vendor for more detail and support.
- Find an alternative load balancer that supports HTTP compression.
- Disable Minimal Download Strategy feature from the SharePoint site in the following location: Site settings > Manage site features > Minimal Download StrategyNote Disabling Minimal Download Strategy will slow down the page rendering/navigation experience.
|HTTP Compression is enabled in Load Balancer||HTTP Compression is disabled in Load Balancer|