Improvements and fixes
This non-security update includes improvements and fixes that were a part of KB4503276 (released June 11, 2019) and also includes these new quality improvements as a preview of the next Monthly Rollup update:
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Calculator application from following the Gannen setting when it is enabled. For more information, see KB4469068.
- Addresses an issue with evaluating the compatibility status of the Windows ecosystem to help ensure application and device compatibility for all updates to Windows.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the UI to stop responding for several seconds when scrolling in windows that have many child windows.
- Addresses a reliability issue in Windows.
- Addresses an issue that causes Internet Explorer 11 to stop working when it opens or interacts with Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) markers, including Power BI line charts with markers.
- Addresses an issue that may display the error, “MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.” when you try to expand, view, or create Custom Views in Event Viewer. Additionally, the application may stop responding or close. You may also receive the same error when using Filter Current Log in the Action menu with built-in views or logs.
Known issues in this update
|Certain operations, such as rename, that you perform on files or folders that are on a Cluster Shared Volume (CSV) may fail with the error, “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)”. This occurs when you perform the operation on a CSV owner node from a process that doesn’t have administrator privilege.|| |
Do one of the following:
|Microsoft and McAfee have identified an issue on devices with McAfee Endpoint Security (ENS) Threat Prevention 10.x or McAfee Host Intrusion Prevention (Host IPS) 8.0 or McAfee VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) 8.8 installed. It may cause the system to have slow startup or become unresponsive at restart after installing this update.|| |
This issue has been resolved. McAfee has released an automatic update to address this issue.
Guidance for McAfee customers can be found in the following McAfee support articles:
|Devices that start up using Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) images from Windows Deployment Services (WDS) or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) may fail to start with the error "Status: 0xc0000001, Info: A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed" after installing this update on a WDS server.|| |
For mitigation instructions, see KB4512816.
We are working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming releas
How to get this update
This is provided as an Optional update on Windows Update. For more information about how to run Windows Update, see How to get an update through Windows Update.
To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update 4503283.