You can change the language, adjust equalizer settings, keep your headphones up to date, and manage other settings using the Cortana app (United States only) or the Surface Headphones app (outside the United States). You can even turn off Cortana if you want.
- Connect your headphones to your PC or phone if you haven't already. Within the United States, see Set up your Surface Headphones with Cortana. Outside the United States, see Set up Surface Headphones.
- After you've connected your headphones to the Cortana or Surface Headphones app you can now manage the settings.
On a Windows 10 PC
- Within the United States (Windows 10, November 2019 Update or earlier versions), open Cortana > Devices . Then follow the instructions to manage your Surface Headphones using the Cortana Device Setup app.
- Within the United States (Windows 10, May 2020 Update or later versions), sign into Cortana with a Microsoft account. Then go to Settings > Surface Headphones, Invoke speaker & Cortana on Alexa and follow the instructions to manage your Surface Headphones using the Cortana Device Setup app.
- Outside the United States, select Start > Surface Headphones.
On an iOS or Android device (United States only)
Open the Cortana app, then tap Devices > Devices > Surface Headphones. After that, tap Surface Headphones to manage the settings.
|Choose the equalizer preset you want to use or create your own custom preset.|
Device control and personalization
Note: If these settings are not available, update using the Store app on your PC or phone to the latest version of the Cortana Device Setup app (Windows 10 – US Only), Cortana (iOS/Android – US Only) or Surface Headphones app (Windows 10 – Outside the US). For more info, see Update Surface Headphones.
Let Cortana respond to "Hey Cortana"—Turns Cortana voice activation on or off. If you're not using Cortana, you can turn this off to help improve battery life.
Touch control—Turns the touchpad and touch gestures on or off on either ear. Turning off the touchpad can help avoid accidental taps.
Allow voice prompts—Turns voice prompts on or off. These include voice prompts that play when you turn your headphones on or off, connect to a PC or phone, or let you know how much battery you have left.
Connected—Lists the PCs or phones that you are connected to and allows you to disconnect from a PC or phone. You can connect to two devices at one time.
Disconnected—Allows you to connect to other PC or phones that are paired with your headphones.
Device name—Allows you to change the name of your Surface Headphones and how they will appear in the Cortana or Surface Headphones app.
Language—Allows you to change the language that Surface Headphones is using.
|Allows you to update your device. For more info, see Update Surface Headphones.|
|Allows you to reset your headphones back to factory settings. For more information see Reset Surface Headphones.|
Remove device—Allows you to remove the device both from the Cortana or Surface Headphones app as well as the Bluetooth pairing on your PC or phone.
Serial number—Shows the serial number of your Surface Headphones.
Firmware—Shows you the current firmware version that's installed on your headphones