Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.2 Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8
An elevation of privilege vulnerability exists when the .NET Framework common language runtime (CLR) allows file creation in arbitrary locations. An attacker who successfully exploited this vulnerability could write files to folders that require higher privileges than what the attacker already has.
To learn more about the vulnerabilities, go to the following Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE).
- All updates for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, and 4.7.2 require that the d3dcompiler_47.dll update is installed. We recommend that you install the included d3dcompiler_47.dll update before you apply this update. For more information about the d3dcompiler_47.dll, see KB 4019990.
- If you install a language pack after you install this update, you must reinstall this update. Therefore, we recommend that you install any language packs that you need before you install this update. For more information, see Add language packs to Windows.
Additional information about this update
- 4514349 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 3.5 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4514349)
- 4514342 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 4.5.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4514342)
- 4514337 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1, 4.7.2 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4514337)
- 4514330 Description of the Security Only Update for .NET Framework 4.8 for Windows Server 2012 (KB4514330)