This article describes the issuesthat are fixed in Update Rollup 1 for Microsoft System Center 2019 Data ProtectionManager. This article also contains the installationinstructions for this update.
Note Existing Data ProtectionManager to Microsoft Azure customers should upgrade to the latest Microsoft Azure Recovery Services (MARS) agent(version 2.0.9171.0 or later). If the latestagent is not installed, online backups might fail, and no Data Protection Managerto Microsoft Azure operation will work.
Issues that are fixed
This update fixes the followingissues:
- While running the attach agent wizard when you select a computer on trusted domain and addit, the selected computer does not get listed under Selected Computers.
- Whenyou select short term backup to tape and change the backup mode to full, the wizardshows incorrect backup schedule option and DPM console may crash on selection.
- In a scenario youdeleted the protection group retaining the recovery point for a VMware VM, which is no more available on the ESX server. If you recreate the new VM withthe same name on the same ESX instance and protect again using DPM, therecovery pane creates multiple entries for this VM.
- TheDPM Console becomes unresponsive while loading Recoverable Items for a datasource.
- DPMService might stop during DPM maintenance jobs.
- Insome scenarios, pruning job failures leading to storagebloat
- In addition to these, all the issues fixed in SC DPM 2016 Update Rollup 8 are alsofixed in SC DPM 2019 UR1.
OtherImprovements and Features
- SCDPM 2019 UR1 also hasadditional new features introduced. For details on the new features refer tothe documentation here.
How to obtain Update Rollup 1 for System Center 2019 Data Protection Manager
Update packages for Data ProtectionManager are available from Microsoft Update or by manual download.
Note A fresh installation of the UpdateRollup Agent could cause a restart of the protected server.
To obtain and install an updatepackage from Microsoft Update, follow these steps on a computer that hasa Data Protection Manager component installed:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Windows Update.
- In the Windows Update window, click Check Online for updates from Microsoft Update.
- Click Important updates are available.
- Select the Update Rollup package, and then click OK.
- Click Install updates to install the update package.
Go to the following website tomanually download the update package from the Microsoft Update Catalog:
For information about how todownload Microsoft support files, click the following article number to viewthe article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
119591 Howto obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file forviruses, using the most current virus-detection software that was available onthe date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhancedservers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to it.
Installation instructions for Data Protection Manager
To install this update for DataProtection Manager, follow these steps:
- Before you install this update, make a backup of the Data Protection Manager database.
- Install this rollup package on the server that's running System Center Data Protection Manager 2019. To do this, run Microsoft Update on the server.
- In the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console, update the protection agents. To do this, use one of the following methods.
Note: You need to restart protected servers in order to create or changeprotection groups.
Method 1:Update the protection agents from the Data Protection Manager AdministratorConsole
- Open the Data Protection Manager Administrator Console.
- Click the Management tab, and then click the Agents tab.
- In the Protected Computer list, select a computer, and then click Update on the Action pane.
- Click Yes, and then click Update Agents.
Method 2:Update the protection agents on the protected servers
- Obtain the updated protection agent package from the installation directory of the System Center Data Protection Manager 2019 server at following path: agents\RA\10.19.260.0\amd64\1033\DPMProtectionAgent_KB4533416.msp