If you're having trouble changing payment options for your Microsoft account, here are some answers to common issues that may occur when you change a payment method.
- I want to add a new payment method for a Microsoft subscription
- If you want to add a new payment for a Microsoft subscription, you’ll need to add it on the Services & subscriptions page. For more info, see How to change your Microsoft subscription payment method and options.
- I get a message to contact support when I try to remove a payment option
- You may have a past due balance due for a Microsoft subscription. Get info about paying for a past-due Microsoft subscription.
- I can’t add my PayPal account
- You can only use PayPal accounts that have a credit card or confirmed bank account as a funding source. To use PayPal with your Microsoft account, make sure your PayPal account uses an accepted funding source.
- I need to change my payment method for a third-party Microsoft 365 subscription
- If you bought a Microsoft 365 subscription through a third-party retailer, see Manage your Microsoft 365 subscription purchased through a third party.