"The value for '<error>' is not valid. Specify a value from 0 through 2097151", where <error> can be the three settings: Issue Warning at (KB), Prohibit send at(KB) and Prohibit send and receive at (KB).
To reproduce the problem, follow these steps:
1. Start the Exchange System Manager
2. Expand Administrative Groups
3. Expand <Your administrative group>
4. Expand Servers
5. Expand <Your Server>
6. Expand <Your Storage Group>
7. Right click on <You Mailbox Store> and click on Properties, and click again in tab Limits.
8. The settings bellow are affected by the limit of 2097151:
- Issue warning at (KB)
- Prohibit send at (KB)
- Prohibit send and receive at (KB)
How to install the Windows 2000 Support Tools to a Windows 2000 Server-based computer
1. Open ADSIEdit and connect to a domain controller.
2. Open the Configuration Container.
3.Navigate to the following location:
Configuration/Services/Microsoft Exchange/<Your Organization>/Administrative Groups/<Your Administrative Group>/Servers/<Your Exchange Server>/InformationStore/<Your Storage Group>
4. Right click on <Your Mailbox Store>, and then click Properties
5. For Attributes, select this atribbutes:
mDBStorageQuota for change the value of Issue warning at(KB) in Exchange System Manager
mdbOverQuotaLimit for change the value of Prohibit send at (KB)
mDBOverHardQuotaLimit for change the value of Prohibit send and receive at (KB)
6. In the Editfield, enter the value you want to set and then OK
7. Click Apply and then OK
8. Exit out of ADSIEdit
How to configure Storage limits on mailboxes in Exchange 2000
Article ID: 555559 - Last Review: 14 Feb 2017 - Revision: 1