- All the client computers make take long time to log on to the domain.
- Client computers stuck at “Applying Computer Settings”.
- Group Policy settings may not apply.
- Folder Redirection policy is not working
- Software Installation is not working.
- Replication between domain controllers is not happening.
- An application is giving error about SRV records. An application may use DNS to locate domain controllers by sending SRV queries.
- Nslookup returns error when querying using SRV records.
- Pinging of SRV records (_ldap, _keberos etc) are not successful.
- Group Policy Objects are not syncing.
You can use the following methods to re-register SRV records of a domain controller in the domain DNS zone:
- Restart the Netlogon service on domain controller.
- Run DcDiag /fix
- Run NetDiag /ifx
- Re-register from Netlogon.dns file in \Windows or Winnt\System32\Config directory.
The Netlogon.dns file is created when you promote a member server to domain controller.
Article ID: 556006 - Last Review: 14 Feb 2017 - Revision: 1