When you attempt to connect Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook, you encounter the following error message:
There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.
Culture is not supported.
Parameter name: culture
0 (0x0000) is an invalid culture identifier.
at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.OutlookConfigurator.Configure(IProgressEventHandler progressEventHandler)
at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Outlook.Config.ConfigEngine.Configure(object stateInfo)
The language setting could not be set at the user level in CRM due to insufficient user privileges. The user's security role may be missing the Write privilege for the User Settings entity.
1. Sign into the Microsoft Dynamics CRM web application as a user with the System Administrator role.
2. Navigate to Settings > Security > Security Roles.
NOTE: If you are not using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 or later, Security Roles is located under Administration instead of Security.
3. Open the role that is assigned to this user.
4. Click on the Business Management tab and grant the “Write” privilege for the User Settings entity. User level access is the minimum requirement.
5. Click Save.
6. Attempt to connect Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook again.
If you are still encountering issues connecting CRM for Outlook to your CRM Online organization, a diagnostic tool is available to help diagnose the issue:
CRM for Outlook Configuration Diagnostic
If you are not sure which security role is assigned to the user, use the following steps:
1. Navigate to Settings > Security > Users.
NOTE: If you are not using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 or later, Users is located under Administration instead of Security.
2. Open the User record who is facing this issue.
3. On the command bar within the user record, click Manage Roles.
4. Locate the security role that has a checkmark next to it. Use the steps provided in the Resolution section to grant the Write privilege for the User Settings entity.