Consider this scenario:
· A system running Windows 7
· Print queue installed using a universal version-3 printer driver
· Printing PDF file from Adobe to the print queue with the printer properties set to Booklet
· The PDF document size setting is A4 or Letter and the paper size selected as A3 or 11x17
In this scenario, after setting the printer properties and the paper sizes to the values listed above, the printout may have one or more large squares printed instead of the text or images that were supposed to be printed.
To work around this issue use one of the following options:
· Use Adobe application settings for Booklet instead setting it in the printer driver properties
· Change the document and/or paper size setting in the printer properties to some other size.
This problem does not occur in Windows 8 or later.