Restart your phone with a SIM card inserted, and retry sending a multimedia message (your phone loads the settings from the SIM card).
- Tip! Send a multimedia message to your own mobile phone number. This will test the sending and receiving capabilities in one go.
- Important! Multimedia messaging requires cellular data connectivity.
- Note! If you have two SIM cards assigned to the same phone number, only the primary SIM card can receive multimedia messages.
If you can connect to the internet but you cannot send multimedia messages, try entering the settings manually
- Try searching online to find the multimedia settings for your mobile operator. To add your settings manually, go to Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM > SIM settings. At the bottom you should see MMS APN. Tap +.
Lumia with Windows Phone 8 (depending on your phone model):
- Option 1 - Go to Settings > access point, and tap +.
- Option 2 - Go to Settings > cellular+SIM > SIM settings > SIM, and tap add MMS APN.
If you cannot connect to the internet using a mobile data connection
- Enable the mobile data connection on your phone. Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > cellular+SIM) and switch Data connection to On.
- Check that data roaming is activated when you are not in your home network. Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Cellular & SIM (Lumia with Windows Phone 8: Settings > cellular+SIM) and select Data roaming options.
- Make sure you have not reached your data limit. Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Data usage.
- Ensure background data is not restricted. Go to Settings > Network & wireless > Data usage > Edit. Switch Restrict background data to Never and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to Off.
Lumia with Windows Phone 8: From the Start screen, swipe left to the App list and start Data Sense app. Switch Restrict background data usage and/or Restrict background data usage when roaming to Off.
- Confirm with your mobile operator that you have an active mobile data subscription (access to internet) on your SIM card.