In a Windows Server 2008 R2 failover cluster that has been configured to run as a guest (virtual machine) in a Hyper-V environment, the following messages are written to the logs that are indicated in the message details:
- Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering-Manager/Admin
- Source: Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering-Manager/Admin
- Event ID: 4694
- Level: Warning
- Hyper-V management tools were not found on the system. Creation and management of virtual machines will be disabled in Failover Cluster Manager. Install Hyper-V role admin tools for servers or RSAT tools for clients to enable those options.
- Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Hyper-V-High-Availability/Admin
- Source: Hyper-V-High-Availability
- Event ID: 21123
- Level: Error
- Failed to set the migration networks at the VMMS: Class not registered (0x80040154)
To resolve the warning message, install the Hyper-V role Remote Server Administration tools.To add the Hyper-V Remote Server Administration tools, follow these steps:
- Click Start , click Administrative Tools , and then clickServer Manager.
- In the navigation pane, click Features , and then click Add Features.
- Expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Click Hyper-V Tools, click Next, and then click Install.
There is no workaround or resolution for the error message. However, you can safely ignore this error message in this scenario.