The following table explains what languages and text-to-speech (TTS) voices are available in the latest version of Windows.
|Language, country, or region||Male TTS voice||Female TTS voice|
|Arabic (Saudi Arabia)||Naayf||Not applicable|
|Chinese (Simplified)||Kangkang||Huihui, Yaoyao|
|Cantonese (Traditional, Hong Kong SAR)||Danny||Tracy|
|Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)||Zhiwei||Yating, Hanhan|
|Czech (Czech Republic)||Jakub||Not applicable|
|English (Great Britain)||George||Hazel, Susan|
|English (Ireland)||Sean||Not applicable|
|English (United States)||David, Mark||Zira|
|Flemish (Belgian Dutch)||Bart||Not applicable|
|French (France)||Paul||Hortence, Julie|
|French (Switzerland)||Guillaume||Not applicable|
|German (Austria)||Michael||Not applicable|
|German (Germany)||Stefan||Hedda, Katja|
|German (Switzerland)||Karsten||Not applicable|
|Hungarian (Hungary)||Szabolcs||Not applicable|
|Indonesian (Indonesia)||Andika||Not applicable|
|Portuguese (Portugal)||Not applicable||Helia|
|Romanian (Romania)||Andrei||Not applicable|
|Slovak (Slovakia)||Filip||Not applicable|
|Spanish (Spain)||Pablo||Helena, Laura|
|Thai (Thailand)||Pattara||Not applicable|
Add a TTS voice to your PC
To use one of these voices, add it to your PC:
- Open Narrator Settings by pressing the Windows logo key + Ctrl + N.
- Under Personalize Narrator’s voice, select Add more voices. This will take you to the Speech settings page.
- Under Manage voices, select Add voices.
- Select the language you would like to install voices for and select Add. The new voices will download and be ready for use in a few minutes, depending on your internet download speed.
- Once the voices for the new languages are downloaded, go to Narrator settings, and select your preferred voice under Personalize Narrator’s voice > Choose a voice.
Go back to the Table of Contents