This article describes the following items about the cumulative update package:
- The issues that the cumulative update package resolves.
- The prerequisites for installing the cumulative update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the cumulative update package.
- Whether the cumulative update package replaces any other cumulative update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the cumulative update package contains.
A cumulative update package is available for Office PerformancePoint Server 2007. The build number of this cumulative update package is 3.0.4512.00. The release version of Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 must be installed before you apply this cumulative update. The build number of the release version for Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 is 3.0.3520.0.
Issue that the cumulative update package resolvesPerformancePoint Server 2007 Planning issue
This cumulative update package fixes the following issue that was not previously documented in a Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Consider the following scenario:
- You open the Japanese version of Microsoft Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 Planning Business Modeler, and then you connect to a model site.
- You instantiate a form assignment for all the users in a business role.
- You add a new user to the business role.
- You click Yes when you are asked to instantiate the form assignment for the newly added user.
- You try to save the model site.
Important notes about this cumulative update package
- We recommend that you back up all databases for Office PerformancePoint Server 2007 before you apply this cumulative update package.
- To uninstall this cumulative update package, follow these steps:
- In the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel, click to select the Show updates check box.
- Click the cumulative update that you want to remove, and then click Remove.
Cumulative update informationA supported cumulative update is available from Microsoft. However, this cumulative update is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this cumulative update only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the cumulative update is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the cumulative update.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific cumulative update. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
This cumulative update package includes the following hotfix for the release version of Office PerformancePoint Server 2007For more information about the hotfix that is included in this cumulative update, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base.
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the cumulative update:
- To apply this cumulative update, you must have PerformancePoint Server 2007 that has a build of 3.0.3520.00 or a later build installed.
Note You must apply this cumulative update on all computers that have the affected component of PerformancePoint Server 2007 installed.
- To apply this cumulative update, run the PerformancePoint Planning installation files that are appropriate for your situation:
- The Planning Server Pplsrv.msp installation file
Run this installation file on only the Planning server.
- The Planning Excel Client Pplxcli.msp installation file
Run this installation file on all client computers that are running PerformancePoint Add-in for Excel.
- The Planning Business Modeler Pbmcli.msp installation file
Run this installation file on all client computers that are running PerformancePoint Planning Business Modeler.
- The Planning Server Pplsrv.msp installation file
How to obtain the build information for PerformancePoint Planning ServerThe build of PerformancePoint Planning Server is the same as the one for Planning Business Modeler and for PerformancePoint Add-in for Excel. To obtain the build of PerformancePoint Planning Server, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Obtain the build information for Planning Business Modeler
- In Planning Business Modeler, click About Planning Business Modeler on the Help menu.
- In the About Planning Business Modeler dialog box, notice the version number of Planning Business Modeler.
Method 2: Obtain the build information for PerformancePoint Add-in for Excel
- In Microsoft Office Excel 2007, click the PerformancePoint tab.
- On the PerformancePoint tab, click About in the Help group.
- In the About PerformancePoint Add-in for Excel dialog box, notice the version number of the PerformancePoint Add-in for Excel.
Restart informationYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this cumulative update.
Cumulative update replacement information
This cumulative update replaces all previously-released versions of Office PerformancePoint Server 2007.
Registry informationTo use any of the packages in this cumulative update, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Article ID: 2401959 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4