Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft. However, it is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply it only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next that contains this hotfix.
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft website:Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the specific update in question.
- This hotfix is expected to be applied on the computers that host the DCS core service and that host the target service applications. If you apply this hotfix on the client, the client remains unaffected by this hotfix.
- For more information about how to install this hotfix package, refer to the README_HOTFIX document that is included in the hotfix package.
PrerequisitesYou must apply this hotfix on a computer that is running the following:
- Distributed Connectivity Services (DCS) Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- DCS Service Pack 1 (SP1) Business Logic Visual Studio Extensions
- All previous hotfixes of Microsoft Customer Care Framework (CCF) 2009. Especially the following:
- For more information about how to perform a clean DCS SP1 installation, visit the following Microsoft TechNet website:
- In order to apply this hotfix, the version of Microsoft.ConnectedIndustry.ServiceModel.dll must be 126.96.36.199 or a later version.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Context_threading_issue_fixdll.bat||Not Applicable||5,210||24-Oct-2010||14:39||Not Applicable|
Article ID: 2404155 - Last Review: Jan 18, 2011 - Revision: 1