- You open the Database Maintenance (98.290.00) screen and then select the Update Databases tab.
- You select the Microsoft Dynamics SL system database in the System Database Name box and then select all associated Microsoft Dynamics SL application databases in the Databases box.
- You select the appropriate update scenario in the Update Scenarios box.
- You click Begin Processing.
Additionally, this problem occurs if a record exists in the Domain table for a database that is not found in the databases collection because the database was not restored.
Note Before you follow the instructions in this article, make sure that you have a complete backup copy of the database that you can restore if a problem occurs.
- Using Query Analyzer or SQL Server Management Studio, access the appropriate system database, and then run the following statement to identify the record that has the invalid Database Name:
SELECT DATABASENAME, * from DOMAIN
- Review the results for any database names that no longer exist or that are currently not being upgraded.
- Confirm that this record is invalid, and then run the following statement to delete this record:
DELETE from DOMAIN where DatabaseName = 'XXXXXXXX'
--(replace XXXXXXXX with the invalid Database Name)
Article ID: 2405736 - Last Review: Aug 5, 2011 - Revision: 1