Fix it automaticallyTo fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. On the new page that opens, click Run now to start the Microsoft Automated Troubleshooting Services (MATS) package, and follow the steps in the wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix works for all language versions of Windows.
Fix it manually
To fix this problem, locate and then set the EnabledV8 registry value in following registry subkey to 0x2:
- The MATS package scans your computer and detects if the following requirements are met:
- The computer is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
- The Smartscreen Filter feature is not enabled.
- The MATS package enables the Smartscreen filter feature.
Note During this process, a dialog box appears. This gives you the option to fix the issue automatically (this is the recommended option) or to manually select individual issues to fix.
- The MATS package verifies that the Smartscreen filter feature is enabled successfully.
Other issues that the MATS package fixes2407503 Personal and financial information in Windows Internet Explorer 7 may be exposed on a computer that is running Windows XP or Windows Vista
2407537 Your data in Windows Internet Explorer may be exposed on a computer that is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
2407499 Pop-up windows are displayed automatically in Windows Internet Explorer on a computer that is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
2407549 You may be affected by some harmful or malicious online content when you use Windows Internet Explorer on a computer that is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Article ID: 2407510 - Last Review: Nov 17, 2010 - Revision: 1