Note: Internet Explorer 9 speeds up graphic performance and the rendering of webpages by moving the rendering of graphics and text from the CPU to the GPU. Therefore, if your video card does not support GPU hardware acceleration, webpages may not print or print preview correctly. The latest version of driver for the printer is highly recommand to sort the printing issues of Internet Explorer 9.
Method 1: Troubleshoot issues with your printer and update your printer driver to the latest versionGo through the following tutorial to help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows:
Important: In some cases, an updated version of the driver may not be available through Windows Update. It may be necessary to go to the manufacturer's website and locate, download and install the latest printer driver for your printer.
If updating your printer driver did not solve the issue, continue to method 2.
Method 2: Try printing a web page running Internet Explorer as an AdministratorTry printing a web page when running Internet Explorer as an Administrator, this can help determine it there is a permissions issue. To start Internet Explorer as an Administrator, follow these steps:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Click Start, click All Programs, right-click Internet Explorer and select Run As Administrator.
- Browse to a website and test printing a page while running as the Administrator.
If you are unable to print successfully, follow the steps in the following Microsoft Knowlege Based article:973479 You cannot print or print preview Web pages in Internet Explorer on Windows Vista or on Windows 7
Method 3: Try printing after disabling Protected ModeTry printing after a web page after disabling Protected Mode, to do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Tools icon in Internet Explorer
- Click the Security tab and uncheck the checkbox beside Enable Protected Mode (requires restarting Internet Explorer)
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Close all open Internet Explorer 9 windows, and then restart Internet Explorer 9.
- Browse to a website and test printing a page.
More InformationFor printing problems specific to particular printer manufacturer, click the link associated with your manufacturer:
This issue may occur with some Canon printers when you have a certain Canon printer driver installed. For more information, visit the following Microsoft Website:
Printer Troubleshooting Tutorial:
For a step-by-step tutorial to help you identify and fix common printer problems, visit the following Microsoft website:
Article ID: 2409656 - Last Review: Aug 25, 2011 - Revision: 1