This article describes the following items about the hotfix package:
- The issues that the hotfix package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the hotfix package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the hotfix package.
- Whether the hotfix package is replaced by any other hotfix packages.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the hotfix package contains.
Issues that this hotfix package fixes
- When you publish a master project that contains many subprojects in Project Server 2007, the publish job times out and may not be completed.
- Consider the following scenario. You create custom fields associated with tasks in Project Web Access (PWA). Within the My Timesheets page, you update a task together with the custom field information and then you import the results into the My Tasks page. In this scenario, the custom field value is no longer there and when you create additional timesheets, the value is missing.
- When you set the PWA site regional setting to Thai, and then you perform an update in the PWA page that contains the Thai date, you receive the following error message:At least one of the dates entered for the date range is not a valid date, or is outside the range of dates, which is from January 1, 1984 through December 31, 2049. Please correct the date(s) and reapply your changes.
- If a project plan has a blank line, you cannot use the Project Server Interface (PSI) to add a new task to the project plan. Within the Unified Logging Service (ULS) log file, you see an error message that resembles the followin:PWA:http://servername/PWA, SSP:SharedServices1, User:servername\Administrator, PSI: SSP: HandleTaskInserts exception System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid. at Microsoft.Office.Project.Server.BusinessLayer.ProjectOutline.HandleTaskInserts(ProjectDataSet dataset, Guid projectUid, Hashtable tasksToInsert, Boolean isUpdate)
- When you click Import Timesheet on the My Tasks page in Project Server 2007, the import page is refreshed. However, the timesheet is not imported as expected. This issue is caused by an ArrayOutOfBound exception when the time-phased data is applied.
- You change the frequency of a status report in the Status Report Request page in Project Web Access. Then, a user tries to respond to the current report request. In this scenario, you may see one of the following condition:
- The response does not reconcile.
- No future responses are reconciled.
- The count of overdue status reports is inaccurate.
- You create a new project document and save the project as a template in Project Server 2007. Then, you use the CreateProjectFromTemplate PSI method to create a new project document based on this template. In this situation, the project document is not created and an error is returned to the user. Additionally, the error can be seen in the ULS log.
Note This issue occurs after you apply the hotfix package that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 2276475.
Hotfix informationA recently discovered issue affecting Project plans that contain baselines was fixed and included in the Project Server 2007 February 2011 cumulative update package. This issue was traced back to have originated in the Project Server 2007 April 2010 cumulative update package. As our cumulative updates are incremental, this issue also affected the June, August, October, and December server updates.
We recommend that customers install the latest cumulative update packages that are described in KB953878. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Article ID: 2412269 - Last Review: Mar 29, 2017 - Revision: 4