- Click Start , type windows explorer in the search box, and then press the ENTER key.
- On the Tools menu, click Folder options.
- On the View tab, select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives check-box, and then click OK.
- Return to Windows Explorer, expand Computer in the left pane.
- Click Local disk (C):, and then open the Users folder.
- Double-click your user name, open the AppData folder, and then open the Local folder.
- Select the file IconCache.db, and press DELETE on your keyboard. When you are prompted, click Yes. Close all processes and restart the computer.
- Click Start , click All programs , and then click Default Programs.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- A list of the different types of files, a brief description and the program configured to open are displayed. In this example, the file type whose icon is missing is the file with the .doc extension. To correct this error, click Change program.
- In the Open with windows, select the program that corresponds to the list, and then click OK.
Note: If the program you want is not in the "Recommended programs" list, click the arrow in the box Other programs to see other options. If the program still does not appear, click Browse and locate the file you want then click Open.
- The file type is associated with the selected program, close the window, and the problem is solved.
Your opinion interests us : do not hesitate to tell us what you think of this article using the comment field located at the bottom of the document. This will allow us to improve the content. Thank you in advance!
Article ID: 2422299 - Last Review: Nov 13, 2017 - Revision: 2