When trying to send a SOP Invoice via email in Microsoft Dynamics GP the user is getting the following message:
"You must have the Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS add-in for 2007 Microsoft Office to send documents."
Various causes, but typically, the install of Microsoft Office was not complete.
Review the below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Run a Repair for Microsoft Office
- Uninstall/reinstall Microsoft Office
- Make sure the user has Admin rights to the %temp% folder.
- Text boxes inserted on the template. Click HERE for more information.
- Go to Administration | Setup | Company | E-mail Settings and select all the File Formats. (Mark DOCX, HTML, PDF and XPS.) If you select a different format, does it work?
- If you switch to the canned version of the report, does it email?
- Make sure the dll version of the Word Add-In is up to date for Office 2007. (Go to the AddIns folder in the Dynamics GP code folder and view Microsoft.Dynamics.GPBusinessIntelligence.TemplateProcessing.dll and Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.BusinessIntelligence.Office.dll )
- Go to C:\\Windows\assembly and make sure the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.dll file is installed. Click HERE for more information.
- A field may exist on the Word template that is not in Report Writer.
- Install all Microsoft Office updates
- The dynamics.dic may be damaged. Reinstall Dynamics GP