Problem 1: Trying to access http://<SQLServerName>/reports returns blank window.
Problem 2: When trying to execute one of the reports you get the following error:
1. Create a Global Security Group for users with Read access to the Reports.
2. Add all of the users to this group who need to access to the Reports.
3. Open the Reports website with admin privileges (e.g. http://<SQLServerName>/reports).
4. Click on the Properties Tab > Click on New Role Assignment.
5. In the Group or User name box type in the domain\<GlobalSecurityGroup> you created in step 1.
This will allow those users to view the reports but will fail to execute them. They will get the error described in Problem 2.
To resolve Problem 2 follow the below steps:
1. Add the Global Security Group in SQL using the SQL Server Management Studio Security > Logins > New Login > User Mapping.
2. Check the box for the SCCM DB and Check “db_datareader” role.
Article ID: 2428400 - Last Review: Oct 4, 2010 - Revision: 1