The problem can happen with all versions of Windows 2008 including 32 bit, 64 bit and R2. This problem does not happen when installing the NAS and VT100 Plugin service on Windows XP or Windows 2003. On these older OS versions the menu navigation is sub-second as expected.
The slow menu navigation can be seen when accessing ACDS via Telnet or Hyper Terminal so the delay is not caused by the remote device access components.
- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Navision:
- Under the key ADCS\VT100Plugin\Symbol1 verify that the following “Plugin ServerIP” string value is defined and set to the machines public IPv4 address.
- Under the key ADCS\Application Servers\ADCSNAS1 check if the “SocketServerName” string value exists. If not, add it and ensure it is set to the machines public IPv4 address.
- If the relevant machine is using a 64 bit version of Windows 2008 then repeat Step 1 above for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Navision.
- Restart the NAS and the ADCS service.
Please first make the above changes in a suitable Test environment to ensure expected results before altering the Live environment.
Article ID: 2433901 - Last Review: Sep 18, 2011 - Revision: 1