- You populate all required fields on the Microsoft Project Connector Setup (PA.MSP.00) screen.
- You click Save.
- You click Start to start the Microsoft Office Project Integration Service for Microsoft Office Project Connector.
Error message 1
For more information, see Cause 1.
Error message 2
For more information, see Cause 2.
Cause 1he Microsoft Dynamics SL databases use SQL Authentication type instead of Windows Authentication type. Microsoft Project Connector requires you to use the Windows Authentication type.
To resolve this problem, see Resolution 1.
Cause 2This problem occurs if there is more than one ProjectServerSites entry in the Windows Registry on the computer that is running Microsoft Project Server (IIS).
To resolve this problem, see Resolution 2.
Resolution 1Change the authentication type of the database from SQL Authentication to Windows Authentication.
For more information about how to set up Windows Authentication, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Resolution 2Remove the additional GUID entry in the ProjectServerSites registry key. To do this, follow these steps.
Important This article contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit.
- Locate the following registry subkey:
- Delete both of the registry keys in the ProjectServerSites registry location.
- Locate the Microsoft Dynamics SL Project Connector Configuration tool under Administrative Tools on the computer that is running Microsoft Project Server (IIS).
- In the Microsoft Dynamics SL Project Connector Configuration tool, select the Run SQL scripts & Update Project Connection Information option, and then run the tool.
Article ID: 2434355 - Last Review: Aug 5, 2011 - Revision: 1