1. Local drives are not redirected in the RDP Session.
2. Other devices and resources may be properly redirected.
3. There are no events in the Event Viewer pertaining to the failure to redirect drives.
Things to Check:
1. On the Server : Terminal Services Configuration - Connections - RDP-Tcp - Properties - Client Settings : Make sure Drive Mapping option is unchecked under Disable the Following.
2. On the Server : Terminal Services Configuration - Connections - RDP-Tcp - Properties - Client Settings : Under Connections – Connect Client Drives at logon is selected.
3. On the client Machine: Start – Run – MSTSC – Options – Local Resource – Make sure Disk Drives is selected.
4. Check Resultant Set of Policy on the machine : Terminal Services Group Policies, under Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services\Client/Server data redirection – Do not allow drive redirection :should not be enabled
Make sure the Network Providers entry has at least the default entries:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\NetworkProvider\Order – ProviderOrder -
Default entries: RDPNP,LanmanWorkstation,webclient