Exclude inactive accounts in Accounts Lookup
You can now exclude all inactive records from the Accounts lookup window.
The work-around to not show inactive accounts in PM, RM or Inventory is to build a Smartlist Favorite for active accounts only using these steps:
1. Go to the SmartList window. (Click on SmartList under Microsoft Dynamics GP).
2. On the Smartlist window, click on the + icon beside the Financial folder.
3. Then click on the + sign beside the Accounts folder. Then click on the * under Accounts.
4. The window will load with default results, so we’ll need to add more columns. So click on the "Columns" button at the top. On the Change Column Display window click on Add, and look for the column named "Active". Click on the Active column to select it and click OK. This will add the new column to the column list. Click OK again to close the Change Column Display window.
5. Now let’s add a restriction for this column. Click on the Search button, and choose the Column Name "Active". Set filter to "is equal to” and Value to Yes. Then click OK.
The window should repopulate to only show active accounts now.
6. Let’s save this Smartlist as a new favorite. To do this, click on the Favorites button at the top, Name it such as "Active Accounts Only" and set the visibility. Then click Add and then click Add Favorite.
7. You can test by clicking on Transactions, point to Purchasing and click on Transaction Entry. Enter an invoice, click on the Distributions button and click on the Account lookup button. In the header, click on the drop-down list next to View, and click on Favorites and then click on the favorite name created for Active Accounts Only. The account list shown in the window should automatically repopulate to restrict out the inactive accounts.
NOTE: Unfortunately you are not able to set this Favorite as your default view in the sub-module, so the user would need to select this Favorite each time.
Article ID: 2441584 - Last Review: Aug 5, 2011 - Revision: 1