When you add a sender's e-mail address to the Blocked Senders list in Outlook 2010, you may still receive e-mail messages from that sender in your Inbox folder.
You have more than one e-mail account delivering email to your Personal Folders (.PST) file. The Junk E-mail Settings, including Blocked Senders and Safe Senders lists, are specific to one e-mail account or service. When you block a sender's email address, it is only added to the Blocked Senders list for the default email account configured in the Account Settings dialog. The Blocked Senders lists for other accounts are not updated with the same email address.
To work around this issue, switch the default account in the AccountSettings dialog to the other account, and then block the same sender. This will add the sender's e-mail address to this specific account. To change the default account in the AccountSettings dialog and block the same sender, follow these steps:
- In Outlook 2010, click File, and then click Account Settings in the Info tab.
- Click to select the other e-mail account in the E-mail tab of the Account Settings dialog.
- Click Set as Default, and then click Close.
- Click the Home tab.
- Click Junk, and then click Junk E-mail Options. Notice the title bar of the dialog has the name of the e-mail account that is currently being configured.
- Add any senders to the Blocked Senders list or the Safe Senders list.
- Click OK.
- Switch your original account back to default by following steps 1 to 3 above.
Article ID: 2447034 - Last Review: Oct 20, 2010 - Revision: 1